A briefe treatise, called Caries farewell to physicke [microform] : wherein thou shalt find rare and speciall helpe for manie common diseases : herevnto also is to be referred a gentle remedie against the collicke, named The hammer for the stone / by the same W.C.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Caries farewell to physicke.
- Imprinted at London : By Henrie Denham, dwelling in Pater Noster rowe, at the signe of the Starre, 1583.
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 188:15.
Early English books, 1475-1640 1811:9.
, 57 [i.e. 58],  p.
- Materia medica -- Early works to 1800.
Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.
- Special t.p.: The hammer for the stone : so named, for that it sheweth the most excellent remedie that euer was knowne for the same / latelie deuised by Walter Cary ... Imprinted at London : By Henrie Denham dwelling in Pater noster row at the signe of the starre, 1581.
Signatures: A8(-A1) B-D8, 2A8 B4.
Number 42 repeated in pagination.
Incomplete Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy (lacking The hammer) can be found on reel 188 as 4730.--Cf. reel guide.
Reproductions of originals in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery (reel 188) and the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Library (reel 1811).
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1943, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 188:15 and 1811:9)
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 4730.5
- Hammer for the stone.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|