An exact and curious suruey of all the East Indies, euen to Canton, the chiefe cittie of China [microform] : all duly performed by land, by Monsieur de Monfart, the like whereof was neuer hetherto, brought to an end. VVherein also are described the huge dominions of the great Mogor, to whom that honorable knight, Sir Thomas Roe, was lately sent ambassador from the King. Newly translated out of the trauailers manuscript.
- Other Title:
- Exact and curious survey of all the East Indies, even to Canton, the chiefe cittie of China
Exact and curious survey of all the East Indies, even to Canton, the chiefe cittie of China.
Trauailes of Monsieur de Monfart.
Travailes of Monsieur de Monfart.
- London : Printed by Thomas Dawson, for VVilliam Arondell, in Pauls Church-yard, at the Angell, 1615.
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 795:2.
, 40,  p.
- Voyages and travels -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- Asia -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Translator's dedication signed: [Greek capital delta], i.e. Jean Loiseau de Tourval.
Apparently the first edition in any language.
Cf. Folger catalogue, which gives signatures: A2 B-G4.
Running title reads: The trauailes of Monsieur de Monfart.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1959. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640; 795:02). s1959 miun a
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 10840.
- Loiseau de Tourval, Jean.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|