A manuall of praiers, gathered out of many famous & good authors [microform] : as well auncient, as of the time present. Distributed according to the daies of the weeke. Whereunto is added a newe calender, with the order to helpe at masse.
- Standardized Title:
- Manual of prayers newly gathered out of many and divers famous authours.
- Other Title:
- Certaine deuout and godly petitions, commonly called: Iesus Psalter.
Certaine devout and godly petitions, commonly called: Jesus Psalter.
- Printed at Calicè [i.e. England : English Secret Press], 1599.
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 713:6.
, 263-277, , 144, 146-169, 160-260, , 281-338 p.
- Catholic Church -- Prayers and devotions -- Early works to 1800.
Meditation -- Catholic Church -- Early works to 1800.
Psalters -- Early works to 1800.
- The imprint is false; actually printed in England by an English secret press--STC.
Title page in red and black.
Includes "Certaine deuout and godly petitions, commonly called: Iesus Psalter", sometimes attributed to Richard Whitford, which has a separate divisional title page; pagination and register are continuous.
Page number 145 omitted in page numbering; page numbers 160-169 repeated in page numbering; page numbers 263-277 misbound.
The Manual was compiled and translated by George Flinton.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1957. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640; 713:06). s1957 miun a
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 17266.
- Whitford, Richard, fl. 1495-1555?, attributed name., Author
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|