A briefe instruction and maner hovv to keepe bookes of accompts after the order of debitor and creditor [microform] : & as well for proper accompts partible, &c. By the three bookes named the memoriall iournall & leager, and of other necessaries appertaining to a good and diligent marchant. The which of all other reckoninges is most lawdable: for this treatise well and sufficiently knowen, all other wayes and maners may be the easier & sooner discerned, learned and knowen. Newely augmented and set forth by Iohn Mellis scholemaister. 1588
- Other Title:
- Briefe instruction and maner how to keepe bookes of accompts after the order of debitor and creditor
Short and plaine treatise of arithmeticke in whole numbers.
Briefe instruction and maner how to keepe bookes of accompts after the order of debitor and creditor.
- Imprinted at London : By Iohn Windet, dwelling at the signe of the white Beare, nigh Baynards Castle [for Hugh Singleton, and are to be solde at his shoppe at the north dore in Christes Hospital, next vnto the cloyster, going into Smithfield], 1588.
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 328:2.
, 53,  p.
- Bookkeeping -- Early works to 1800.
Arithmetic -- Early works to 1900.
- Revised by Mellis from an original work by Hugh Oldcastle, whose name appears on A3r.
Based on: Pacioli, Luca. Summa de arithmetica, geometria, proporzioni e proporzionalità.
The "i" and "t" in "creditor" on the title page are turned.
Bookseller's name and address from colophon.
Signatures: A-R S4.
"A short and plaine treatise of arithmeticke in whole numbers" by John Mellis has separate dated title page and foliation; register is continuous.
With a slip-cancel on G2r referring to the subsequent sections.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1947. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640; 328:2). s1947 miun a
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 18794.
- Pacioli, Luca, d. ca. 1514.
Mellis, John, fl. 1588.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|