The copy of a letter lately vvritten by a Spanishe gentleman, to his freind in England [microform] : in refutation of sundry calumnies, there falsly bruited, and spred emonge the people. The originall vvhereof vvas vvritten in Spanish, since the authors being in England, vvho by reason of a ship of those that miscaried of the late Armado, vvas taken, and there detained prisoner, vntill his deliuery by ransome. Now newly translated into Englishe, for the benefite of those (of that nation) that vnderstand not the Spanishe tounge.
- Other Title:
- Copy of a letter lately written by a Spanishe gentleman, to his freind in England
Copy of a letter lately written by a Spanishe gentleman, to his freind in England.
- [Antwerp : Printed by J. Trognesius], Anno, M.D.LXXXIX. 
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 307:3.
- Local subjects:
- Great Britain -- History -- Elizabeth, 1558-1603 -- Early works to 1800.
- Not a translation; in fact an original work by Richard Verstegans and others--STC, Halkett & Laing.
Signed on E2r: I. B., which is Verstegan and the others.
Place of publication and printer's name from STC.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1947. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640; 307:03). s1947 miun a
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 1038.
Halkett & Laing (3rd ed.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|