The historie of the Church [microform] : since the dayes of our Saviour Iesus Christ, untill this present age. Divided into foure bookes. 1. The first containeth the whole proceedings and practises of the emperours ... 2. The second containeth a briefe catalogue of the beginnings, and proceedings of all the bishops, popes, patriarches, doctors, pastors, and other learned men ... 3. The third containeth a short summe of all the heretiques ... 4. The fourth containeth a short compend of all the councels generall, nationall, and provinciall ... Divided into 16. centuries. ... Collected out of sundry authors both ancient and moderne; by the famous and worthy preacher of Gods Word, Master Patrick Symson, late minister at Striveling in Scotland.
- Standardized Title:
- Historie of the Church. Part 1
- Other Title:
- Historie of the Church. Part 1.
- The third edition corrected and inlarged.
- London : Printed by Iohn Dawson [and William Jones], for Iohn Bellamie, and are to bee solde at his shoppe, at the three Golden Lyons in Corne-hill, neere the Royall Exchange, 1634.
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1118:3.
, 236, 239-445, , 481-572, 571-602,  p.
- Catholic Church -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
Church history -- Early works to 1800.
- Editor's dedication signed: A. Symson.
A second part had appeared in 1625; it is not reprinted here.
Centuries 1-9 are rearranged extracts of part of the text of his: A short compend of the historie of the first ten persecutions moved against Christians.
"Jones pr[inted]. Aaa-Hhh; Dawson the rest"--STC.
The last leaf is blank.
Identified as STC 23600 on UMI microfilm.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1967. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640; 1118:3). s1967 miun a
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 23598.5.
- Simson, Patrick, 1556-1618.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|