The Christian warfare [microform] : Wherein is first generally shewed the malice, power and politike stratagems of the spirituall enemies of our saluation, Satan and his assistants the world and the flesh; with the meanes also whereby the Christian may withstand and defeate them. And afterwards more speciallie their particular temptations, against the seuerall causes and meanes of our saluation, whereby on the one side, they allure vs to securitie and presumption, and on the other side, draw vs to doubting and desperation, are expressed and answered. Written especially for their sakes who are exercised in the spirituall conflict of temptations, and are afflicted in conscience in the sight and sense of their sinnes. By I. Dovvname, Batcheler in diuinitie and preacher of Gods word.
- Standardized Title:
- Christian warfare. Part 1
- Other Title:
- Christian warfare. Part 1.
- The second edition, corrected and much enlarged by the author, as further appeareth in the epistle to the reader.
- At London : Imprinted by Felix Kyngston for Elizabeth Burby, widow, and are to be sold at her shop in Paules Churchyard at the signe of the Swan, 1609.
- Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1447:8.
, 744 p.
- Temptation -- Early works to 1800.
- Part 1 only.
A variant of the edition (STC 7134) printed in 1608.
Reproduction of the original in the Union Theological Seminary (New York, N.Y.). Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640; 1447:08). s1977 miun a
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd ed.) 7135.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|