The English manner of swearing vindicated, or, The judgment of an eminent nonconformist minister of London concerning these four questions [microform] : viz., q. I. Is it lawful in swearing to lay the hand upon the Bible? q. II. Is it lawful to kiss it in swearing? q. III. May one that scrupleth thus swearing himself, yet commissioned, give an oath thus to another that scrupleth it not? q. IV. How far is swearing by creatures a sin? : wherein several objections about the foresaid questions are answered.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Judgment of an eminent nonconformist minister of London concerning these four questions.
- London : Printed by R.W. for Moses Pitt, l687.
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1308:30.
- Oaths -- Religious aspects.
- "Published for the satisfaction of the conscientious."
Reproduction of original in the Harvard University Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1982. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1308:30)
- Cited in:
- Wing E3098.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|