An introduction to the skill of musick [microform] : in two books : first, a brief & plain introduction to musick both for singing and for playing on the violl, by J.P. : second, The art of setting or composing of musick in parts by a most familiar and easie rule of counterpoint : formerly published by Dr. Tho. Campion, but now reprinted with large annotations by Mr. Christoph. Sympson, and other additions.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Art of setting or composing of musick in parts.
Introduction to musick both for singing, and for playing on the violl.
- London : Printed for John Playford & are sold at his shop ..., 1655.
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 221:15.
, 56, , 48 p. : ill., music
- Music -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. -- Early works to 1800.
Violin -- Instruction and study -- Early works to 1800.
Viola da gamba -- Instruction and study -- Early works to 1800.
Counterpoint -- Early works to 1800.
- "The art of setting or composing of musick in parts" ( p.) has special t.p.
Advertisement on p. 56.
Reproduction of original in Harvard University Libraries.
"Of counterpoint": 48 p. at end.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1966. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 221:15)
- Cited in:
- Wing P2478
- Campion, Thomas, 1567-1620.
Simpson, Christopher, d. 1669.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|