Æsop's fables with his life [microform] : in English, French and Latin / newly translated ; illustrated with one hundred and twelve sculptures ; to this edition are likewise added, thirty one new figures representing his life, by Francis Barlow.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Aesop's fables. Polyglot.
- Other Title:
- Aesop's fables with his life.
- London : Printed by H. Hills, Jun., for Francis Barlow, and are to be sold by Chr. Wilkinson ... Tho. Fox ... and Henry Faithorne ..., 1687.
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 339:28.
, 40, 40, 17, 2-221,  p., 31 leaves of plates : ill.
- 110 fables in English verse (by Mrs. Behn) and French and Latin prose, each followed by a moral.
Added engraved t.p.
The 1st ed. (largely destroyed in the London fire) published as: Aesop's fables with his life: in English, French, & Latin / the English by Tho. Philipott, Esq., the French and Latin by Rob. Codrington ... ; illustrated with one hundred and twelve sculptures by Francis Barlow. London : Printed by William Godbid for Francis Barlow, 1666.
The French text of the 1687 ed. varies greatly from the 1666 ed., and the engraved English verses beneath the plates have been entirely rewritten.
Nearly all the plates to the life are signed by Thomas Dudley.
Reproduction of original in Library of Congress.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1970. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 339:28)
- Cited in:
- Wing A703
- Behn, Aphra, 1640-1689.
Barlow, Francis, 1626?-1702.
Philipot, Thomas, d. 1682.
Codrington, Robert, 1601-1665.
Dudley, Thomas, fl. 1670-1687.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|