The answer of the chancellor, masters and scholars of the University of Oxford, to the petition, articles of grievance, and reasons of the city of Oxon [microform] : presented to the Honourable Committee for Regulating the University of Oxford the 24 of July 1649.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- To the supream authority of the nation, the Commons in Parliament assembled, the humble petition of the major aldermen, bailiffs, and commonaltie of the city of Oxon, in the county of Oxon.
- The second edition.
- Oxford [Oxfordshire] : Printed by H. Hall, and are to be sold by Ric. Davis, 1678.
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 744:6.
- University of Oxford -- Administration -- History.
- "To the supream authority of the nation, the Commons in Parliament assembled the humble petition of the major alderman, bayliffs, and commonaltie of the city of Oxon ...": p. 3-13.
The University's reply, made at the request of a Parliamentary committee, was composed chiefly by Gerard Langbaine, keeper of the archives; for an account of the circumstances, see Madan 2019.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 744:6)
- Cited in:
- Wing L364
- Langbaine, Gerard, 1609-1658.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|