Eikōn basilikē. [microform] The povrtraictvre of His Sacred Maiestie in his solitudes and svfferings.
- Other Title:
- Eikōn basilikē
Povrtraictvre of His Sacred Maiestie in his solitudes and svfferings.
Pourtraicture of His Sacred Majestie in his solitudes and sufferings.
- [London : s.n.], MDC.XLVIII. [1648, i.e. 1649]
- Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1758:16.
 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. (frontispiece)
- Local subjects:
- Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- 1642-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
- The first two words of the title are in Greek characters.
Authorship of the Eikon basilike was originally attributed to Charles I, but according to Madan (pp. 125-33) it was written by John Gauden who probably included some authentic writings of the king.
Place of publication and actual imprint date from Wing.
With engraved frontispiece.
Signatures: A-R12 (-R12, blank?).
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library).
Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University Microfilms International, 1987. 1 microfilm reel 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700; 1758:16). s1987 miun a
- Cited in:
- Madan, F.F. New bibl. of the Eikon basilike, 18.
Wing (2nd ed., 1994) E284.
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649, attributed name.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|