Sullivan's travels [videorecording] / a Paramount Picture ; Janus Films ; Universal ; produced by Paul Jones ; written and directed by Preston Sturges.
- Other Title:
- Title on container : Preston Sturges' Sullivan's travels [videorecording]
- [Irvington, NY] : Criterion Collection, c2001.
- Criterion collection; 118
Criterion collection ; 118
1 videodisc (90 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- Drama.
Tramps -- United States -- Drama.
United States -- Social conditions -- 1933-1945 -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby Digital.
- A successful Hollywood director disguises himself as a bum and sets off to see America from the bottom up. In the midst of the brutality and despair, he makes a valuable discovery-- that what the downtrodden need most is laughter.
- Joel McCrea, Veronica Lake, Robert Warwick, William Demarest, Margaret Hayes, Porter Hall, Franklin Pangborn, Eric Blore, Robert Greig, Georges Renavent, Harry Rosenthal.
- Director of photography, John Seitz ; editor, Stuart Gilmore ; music, Leo Shuken and Charles Bradshaw.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1941.
Special features: audio commentary by Noah Baumbach, Kenneth Bowser, Christopher Guest, and Michael McKean ; Preston Sturges: the rise and fall of an American dreamer, a 76-minute documentary made by Kenneth Bowser for PBS's American masters series ; interview with Preston Sturges' widow Sandy Sturges ; Hedda Hopper interview with Preston Sturges ; archival audio recordings of Sturges singing his original composition "My love" and reciting the poem "If I were king" ; storyboards and blueprints ; production stills archive ; scrapbook of original publicity materials ; original theatrical trailer.
- Sturges, Preston. , Director, Screenwriter, Producer
Jones, Paul, 1901-1968. , Producer
McCrea, Joel, 1905-1990 , Actor
Lake, Veronica. , Actor
Warwick, Robert, 1878-1964 , Actor
Hayes, Margaret, 1923-1977. , Actor
Hall, Porter, 1888-1953. , Actor
Shuken, Leo, 1906-1976 , Composer
Bradshaw, Charles. , Composer
Paramount Pictures, Inc.. , Producer
Universal Pictures (Firm). , Distributor
Janus Films. , Distributor
Criterion Collection (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
CC1572D Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|