From liberty to democracy : the transformation of American government / Randall G. Holcombe.
- Other records:
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2002.
- Economics, cognition, and society
xv, 336 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Democracy -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government.
- Liberty : the revolutionary cause
Liberty and democracy as economic systems
Consensus versus democracy : politics in eighteenth-century America
Constitutions as constraints : the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution of the United States
The growth of parties and interests before the War between the States
The impact of the War between the States
Interest groups and the transition to government growth : 1870-1915
Populism and progressivism
The growth of the federal government in the 1920s
The New Deal and World War II
Democracy triumphs : the great society
The dangers of democracy.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 313-327) and index.
- 0472112902 (Cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|