Wallach's interpretation of diagnostic tests [electronic resource] : pathways to arriving at a clinical diagnosis.
- Other Title:
- Interpretation of diagnostic tests
- 10th ed. / edited by Mary A. Williamson, L. Michael Snyder.
- Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer Health, c2015.
1 online resource (1288 p.) ill.
- Diagnosis, Laboratory -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Medical subjects:
- Clinical Laboratory Techniques.
Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures.
- Handbooks and manuals.
- "Wallach's Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests, 10th Edition serves as a practical guide to the use of laboratory tests which aids physicians in using tests more effectively and efficiently by offering test outcomes, possible meanings, differential diagnosis, and summaries of tests available. The book is organized into 2 sections. The first section is devoted to disease states. Where appropriate, a patient's chief complaint and/or physical findings are initially presented with subsequent discussions focused on discrete disease states as they relate to a patient's chief complaint. The second section is devoted to an alphabetical listing of laboratory tests while stressing the integration of the clinical laboratory in the clinical decision making process. Test sensitivity, specific and possible and negative probabilities are included whenever appropriate. Microbiology tests are listed in a separate chapter"--Provided by publisher.
Chapter 1: FALTs: Factors Affecting Laboratory Tests / L.V. Rao
SECTION 1: DISEASE STATES
Chapter 2: Autoimmune Diseases / M. Rabie Al-Turkmani
Chapter 3: Cardiovascular Disorders / Craig S. Smith
Chapter 4: Central Nervous System Disorders / Juliana Szakacs
Chapter 5: Digestive Diseases / L Michael Snyder and Michael J. Mitchell
Chapter 6: Endocrine Diseases Hongbo Yu
Chapter 7: Genitourinary System Disorders / Charles Kiefer
Chapter 8: Gynecologic and Obstetric Disorders / Juliana Szakacs
Chapter 9: Hematologic Disorders / Liberto Pechet
Chapter 10: Hereditary and Genetic Diseases / Marzena Galdzicka, Patricia Minehart Miron, and Edward I. Ginns
Chapter 11: Infectious Diseases / Michael J. Mitchell
Chapter 12: Renal Disorders / M. Rabie Al-Turkmani
Chapter 13: Respiratory, Metabolic, and Acid-Base Disorders / L.V. Rao and Michael J. Mitchell
Chapter 14: Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring / Amanda J. Jenkins
Chapter 15: Transfusion Medicine / Vishesh Chhibber
SECTION 2: LAB TESTS
Chapter 16: Laboratory Tests / L.V. Rao, Liberto Pechet, Amanda Jenkins, Edward I. Ginns, Marzena Galdzicka, Craig Smith, Vishesh Chhibber, Charles Kiefer, Neng Yu and Patricia Minehart Miron
Chapter 17: Infectious Disease Assays / Michael J. Mitchell and L.V. Rao.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Williamson, Mary A.
Snyder, L. Michael.
Wallach, Jacques B. (Jacques Burton), 1926-2010.
- 9781451191769 (paperback : alk. paper)
1451191766 (paperback : alk. paper)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.