The second part of Henry the Sixt [videorecording] / by William Shakespeare ; a BBC Television production ; produced by Jonathan Miller ; directed by Jane Howell.
- Other Title:
- Second part of Henry the Sixth [videorecording]
Henry VI. Part II [videorecording]
Henry VI. Part 2 [videorecording]
King Henry VI. Part II [videorecording]
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. 2000 (Ambrose Video) Works.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. BBC TV Shakespeare (London, England)
The Complete dramatic works of William Shakespeare
The Complete dramatic works of William Shakespeare. History
1 videodisc (212 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Film adaptations.
Henry VI, King of England, 1421-1471 -- Drama.
Great Britain -- History -- Henry VI, 1421-1471 -- Drama.
Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Biography -- Drama.
- Historical television programs.
- System Details:
- DVD; digitally remastered; picture and sound enhanced.
System requirements for downloadable script: PC or Mac with Microsoft Word; DVD-ROM drive.
- Presents the second of Shakespeare's historical trilogy, covering the early years of the Wars of the Roses. After marrying Margaret of Anjou, Henry is dominated by her and by the Duke of Suffolk, who plot the overthrow of the Lord Protector, the Duke of Gloucester. Meanwhile, Henry's army is defeated by Richard Plantagenet at St. Albans.
- Peter Benson (King Henry VI), David Burke (Duke of Gloucester), Ron Cook (Third Messenger to King), David Daker (Reignier), Julia Foster (Margaret).
- Originally presented by BBC TV in 1981 as one of the Shakespeare plays.
Text for original series bear title BBC TV Shakespeare.
- Howell, Jane. , Director
Miller, Jonathan, 1934- , Producer
Benson, Peter. , Actor
Burke, David, 1934- , Actor
Cook, Ron. , Producer
Daker, David. , Producer
Foster, Julia. , Producer
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service. , Producer
Time-Life Television. , Producer
Ambrose Video Publishing. , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|