The general [videorecording] / Joseph M. Schenck presents a United Artists production ; written and directed by Buster Keaton and Clyde Bruckman ; adapted by Al Boasberg and Charles Smith. The playhouse / Joseph M. Schenck presents a First National attraction ; written and directed by Buster Keaton and Eddie Cline. Cops / Joseph M. Schenck presents ; First National Picutres, Inc. ; Comique Film Company ; written and directed by Buster Keaton and Eddie Cline.
- Other Title:
- General, Cops and The playhouse
- New York, NY : Kino International,  c1999.
- Art of Buster Keaton ; [pt. 6].
The art of Buster Keaton ; [pt. 6]
1 videodisc (116 min.) : si., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Pittenger, William, 1840-1904 -- Film adaptations.
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Drama.
Confederate States of America -- History -- Drama.
Railroads -- Drama.
Theaters -- Employees -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Short films.
Romantic comedy films.
- Silent with English intertitles; original musical accompaniment added.
- System Details:
- (The general) A locomotive is beloved by its engineer, who sets out to win the Civil War single handedly. (The playhouse) A comedy in which Keaton plays a stage manager, an actor, a monkey and other parts. (Cops) A comedy of errors in which Buster Keaton attempts to win his sweetheart's hand in marriage by becoming a successful businessman. His exploits climax in a chase with an entire police precinct.
- The general (75 min.)
The playhouse (23 min.)
Cops (18 min.).
- (The general) Buster Keaton, Marion Mack, Charles Smith, Frank Barnes; (The Playhouse, Cops) Buster Keaton, Virginia Fox.
- (The general) Photographed by Dev Jennings & Bert Haines; music arranged and directed by Robert Israel. (The Playhouse) music arranged by Robert Israel. (Cops) musical setting by Gaylord Carter.
- The general adapted from The Great locomotive chase by / William Pittenger.
Videodisc release of the motion picture and two short motion pictures produced in 1926, 1921, and 1922.
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966. , Director, Producer, Actor, Author
Bruckman, Clyde, d. 1955. , Director
Cline, Edward, 1892-1961 , Director
Schenck, Joseph M., 1877-1961. , Producer
Boasberg, Al, 1892-1937 , Adapter
Smith, Charles. , Adapter
Mack, Marion, 1902-1989. , Actor
Barnes, Frank. , Actor
Fox, Virginia, 1902-1982. , Actor
Shepard, David. , Actor
Pittenger, William, 1840-1904.
Buster Keaton Productions. , Producer
United Artists Corporation. , Producer
First National Pictures, Inc.. , Producer
Comique Film Corporation. , Distributor
Kino International Corporation. , Distributor
- The Playhouse.
- Publisher Number:
K131 Kino Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|