DuBarry was a lady [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; produced by Loew's Incorporated ; directed by Roy Del Ruth ; produced by Arthur Freed ; screenplay by Irving Brecher ; adaption by Nancy Hamilton ; additional dialogue by Wilkie Mahoney.
- Other Title:
- Du Barry was a lady [videorecording]
- New York, NY : MGM/UA Home Video, c1992.
- MGM musicals
1 videocassette (101 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- De Sylva, B. G. 9Buddy Gard), 1896-1950 -- Film adaptations.
Fields, Herbert, 1897-1958 -- Film adaptations.
Du Barry, Jeanne Bécu, comtesse, 1743-1793 -- Drama.
Love -- Drama.
Music-halls (Varitey-theaters, cabarets, etc.) -- Drama.
Hallucinations and illusions -- Drama.
France -- History -- louis XV, 1715-1793 -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- System Details:
- VHS; Hi-fi.
- In a New York night club, cloakroom attendant Louie has a crush on the club's glamourous singing star May Daly. After being slipped a Mickey Finn, Louie dreams that he is Louis XV, King of France, and that May is the fabled courtesan Madame Du Barry.
- Red Skelton, Lucille Ball, Gene Kelly, Virginia O'Brien, "Rags" Ragland, Zero Mostel, Tommy Dorsey and his orchestra.
- Director of photography, Karl Freund; film editor, Blanche Sewell; music and lyrics by Cole Porter; additional songs, Lew Brown ... [et al.].
- Based on the play produced by B.G. DeSylva and written by Herbert Fields and B.G. DeSylva, with music and lyrics by Cole Porter.
Videocassette release of the motion picture produced in 1943.
- Skelton, Red, 1913-1997 , Actor
Ball, Lucille, 1911-1989. , Actor
Kelly, Gene, 1912-1996 , Actor
Del Ruth, Roy, 1893-1961 , Director
Freed, Arthur, 1894-1973 , Producer
Porter, Cole, 1891-1964 , Composer
Brecher, Irving, 1914- , Screenwriter
De Sylva, B. G. 9Buddy Gard), 1896-1950. , Author
Fields, Herbert, 1897-1958 , Author
Loew's Incorporated. , Producer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
MGM/UA Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- 0792810252 :
- Publisher Number:
M300983 MGM/UA Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|