Common threads [videorecording] : stories from the quilt / a Telling Pictures and The Couturie Company production.
- New York, N.Y. : HBO Video, 1989.
1 videocassette (79 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- AIDS (Disease) -- Patients -- Family relationships.
Quilts -- United States -- Exhibitions.
- Medical subjects:
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome -- videocassettes.
Public Relations -- videocassettes.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- VHS format.
- The story of the AIDS Memorial Quilt established by the San Francisco NAMES Project Foundation in 1987 to commemorate the lives lost to AIDS. From the thousands memorialized in the quilt, profiles five individuals--including a recovered IV drug user, a former Olympic decathlon star and a boy with hemophilia--whose stories reflect the diversity and common tragedy of those who have died from AIDS. Celebrates their unique personalities and achievements, interweaving these personal histories with a chronology of the epidemic's development and the negligence of the government.
- Dustin Hoffman.
- Robert Epstein, Jeffrey Friedman, directors and editors ; Bill Couturie, Robert Epstein, Jeffrey Friedman, producers.
Videocassette release of the 1989 documentary.
Inspired by: The Quilt : stories from the NAMES Project / written by Cindy Ruskin.
- Epstein, Robert. , Director, Producer
Friedman, Jeffrey. , Director, Producer
Couturié, Bill. , Producer
Ruskin, Cindy. , Screenwriter
Hoffman, Dustin, 1937- , Narrator
NAMES Project. , Producer
San Francisco NAMES Project Foundation. , Producer
Direct Cinema Ltd. , Producer
Telling Pictures. , Producer
Couturie Company. , Producer
HBO Video (Firm) , Distributor
- 1559833955 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|