The wind among the reeds / by W. B. Yeats.
- Other records:
- London : Elkin Mathews, Vigo Street, W., 1899.
, vii, , 108 p. ; 20 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- With half-title.
"Some copies, but not the earliest issued, of the first edition contain a slip, printed on smooth paper and headed 'Errors'. It sets out the following seven errors: page 13, line 5 for 'Erie' read 'Eire'; page 18, line 6 for 'prayers' read 'prayer'; page 31, line 3 for 'He' read 'him'; page 43, line 9 for 'head' read 'breast', for 'on' read 'by'; page 49 after line 4 insert 'by a gray shore where the wind never blew'; page 93, line 12 for 'night' read 'light'; page 96, line 18 take out comma after 'Misroide' and for 'son' read 'sow'."--Cf. Wade.
Issued in dark blue cloth with design by Althea Gyles stamped in gold on front cover, spine and back cover. All edges untrimmed.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy contains seven errors listed above and no "Error" slip.
Culture Class Collection copy has armorial bookplate and autograph of William Howitt Hastings, Cambridge, July 1899.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hastings, William Howitt (autograph) (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wade, A. Bibl. of the writings of W. B. Yeats (3rd ed.), 27
- Gyles, Althea, 1868-1949.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|