Albrecht family photograph album and diaries, 1888-1889.
3 volumes (photograph album + 2 diaries)
- American diaries -- 19th century -- Specimens.
American diaries -- Women authors -- 19th century.
Japan -- Pictorial works.
Japan -- Description and travel.
Manuscripts, American -- 19th century.
- Emil P. Albrecht, 1863-1932, was president of the Philadelphia Bourse from 1917-1932, president of the Port of Philadelphia, and a director of the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.
- Photograph album containing 48 contact prints made on glass plate negatives taken in Japan with a large format camera, each measuring 16 x 21 cm. Photographs are captioned in English and include images of work boats, workers in rice paddies, landscapes, waterfalls, temples, and villages, taken by Emil P. Albrecht from February-August 1888. With diary of the trip written by his wife, Florence Josephine Craig Albrecht, in two notebooks, dated February 4-August 25, 1888.
- Obituary for Emil P. Albrecht filed with collection.
- Penn Provenance:
- Photograph album a gift from Emil Albrecht to Tony (probably Emil's brother Anthony L. Albrecht), inscribed and dated April 6, 1889 (inscription inside upper cover).
Photograph album and diaries a gift of Otto E. Albrecht (nephew of Emil, son of Anthony), ca. 1982.
- Albrecht, Emil P., 1863-1932.
Albrecht, Florence Craig, 1865-1951.
Albrecht, Anthony L., former owner.
Albrecht, Otto E. (Otto Edwin), 1899-1984, former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|