Clauicula indulge[n]tialis et absolutio[n]is sacerdotalis : sc[ilicet] abbreuiatu[m] latissime su[m]me vene[r]abil[is] Nico Weigel ...
- Other Title:
- Goff title: Clavicula indulgentialis et absolutionis sacerdotalis
- [Lübeck : Johann Snel, 1480]
 leaves ; 31 cm. (fol.)
- raui a.et i-a- vbpo (C) 1480 (T)
- Indulgences (Canon law) -- Early works to 1800.
- Incunabula -- Germany -- Lübeck -- 1480.
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Lübeck.
- Title from incipit on leaf r, which reads: Incipit clauicula indulge[n]tialis et absolutio[n]is sacerdotalis sc[ilicet] abbreuiatu[m] latissime su[m]me vene[r]abil[is] Nico weigel sacre theologie baccalarij formati: validissimi theologi de indulge[n]tia plenaria ad Iohannem ep[iscopu]m Mijsznen[sem] sacre theologie professorem t[empor]e concilij Basilien[sis] Anno [Christ]i M.ccccxli.
Imprint supplied from ISTC; date from colophon on leaf v, which reads: Finis est Deo gratias Sub annis domini Millesimoquadringe[n]tesimooctuagesi[m]o Amen.
Chancery folio, printed in double columns. Leaf r: 48 lines; area of text: 196 x 125 mm.; col. width: 57 mm. Initial spaces; spaces for paragraph marks. Without foliation, signatures or catchwords.
Volume contains 42 leaves bound in 1 unsigned gathering of 10 followed by 4 unsigned gatherings of 8.
- Local notes:
- Leaf size: 306 x 213 mm.
Penn Libraries copy has author and title supplied by a reader in ms. on front free endpaper; a few ms. bibliographical notes in ink and pencil on front free endpaper; ms. foliation at top outer corner of leaves in pencil; some ms. marginal marks in ink or pencil; a few ms. underlines and marginal notes in ink or pencil.
From the library of Henry Charles Lea, with his bookplate affixed to front pastedown and his autograph (1891) on recto of front free endpaper. Two other bookplates, one of "J. Baart de la Faille, Med. Prof. Groningen" and one of "Joh. Mart. Lappenberg, Dr. b. R.", also affixed to front pastedown; duplicate stamp of the "Bibl[iotheca] Lubecens[is]" on leaf r.
Penn Libraries copy bound in full modern vellum.
Penn Libraries copy: leaves - each has 1 small hole mended in central portion of leaf with minor damage to text; leaves - each has 3 small holes mended in outer column with some loss of text.
- Penn Provenance:
- Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909 (autograph) (bookplate)
Faille, Jacob Baart de la, 1795-1867 (bookplate)
Lappenberg, Joh. Mart. (bookplate)
Stadtbibliothek Lübeck (stamp)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Goff W-11
BM 15th cent. II, p. 553 (IB.9830)
Walsh, J.E. 15th cent. printed books, 946
- Snell, Johan, 15th/16th cent., printer.
Incunable Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|