Box of treasures [videorecording] / produced for the U'Mista Cultural Society by Chuck Olin Associates ; produced and directed by Chuck Olin.
- Other records:
- Watertown, MA : Documentary Educational Resources, [1992?]
1 videocassette (28 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Indians of North America -- British Columbia.
Kwakiutl Indians -- Social life and customs.
Kwakiutl Indians -- Rites and ceremonies.
- Documentary films.
- In English, or Kwakiutl with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Many years ago, the Canadian government "confiscated" numerous ritual possessions belonging to the Kwakiutl Indians and forbade them to hold illegal pot latch ceremonies. In 1980, after years of struggle and negotiations, these sacred objects were returned to the tribe. This program looks at the resulting celebration and the present-day efforts of the Kwakiutl to keep their culture and heritage alive.
- Narrator, Robert Joseph.
- Camera, Chuck Olin, Tony Westman; research/location manager, Judy Hoffman; production, Kate Bernhardt, Tia Doyle; editor, Jill Singer.
- Videocassette release of a short documentary motion picture produced in 1983.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Olin, Chuck. , Producer, Director
Joseph, Robert, 1939- , Narrator
Chuck Olin Associates. , Producer
U'mista Cultural Centre. , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|