Luchando! [videorecording] : Cuba's struggle to survive / presented by Calypso Films in association with Mozo Films ; produced in association with the Australian Film Commission ; produced with the assistance of Film Victoria ; produced in association with SBS.
- Other Title:
- Cuba's struggle to survive
- [Watertown, MA : Documentary Educational Resources], c1994.
1 videocassette (55 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Performing arts -- Cuba.
Theater -- Political aspects -- Cuba.
Cubans -- Interviews.
Cuba -- Social conditions -- 1959-
Cuba -- Economic conditions -- 1990-
Cuba -- Politics and government -- 1959-
Cuba -- History -- Revolution, 1959.
Cuba -- History -- 1959-
Cuba -- Civilization -- 1959-
- Documentary films.
- In Spanish with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Consists mostly of interviews with Cubans about their opinions on living in Cuba during its "Special period"--the end of help from the USSR and the effects of the blockade by the United States against Cuba. Many performing artists are interviewed--a dissident theatre group in Havana, a more traditional African theatre group in Santiago, and also film star Jorge Perugorria. The central personality in the film is Abel Prieto, the president of UNEAC-the national artists' and writers union. The street interviews illustrate the passion of the people for their country despite the rationing of food and petrol, and the constant cuts in water and power supplies.
- Producer, Denis Patience ; writer/director, Russell Porter ; cinematographer, Alejandro Pérez ; editor, Zbigniew Friedrich.
- Patience, Denise. , Producer
Porter, Russell. , Director, Screenwriter
Calypso Films (Firm) , Distributor
Mozo Films (Firm) , Distributor
Australian Film Commission. , Producer
Film Victoria. , Producer
Special Broadcasting Service (Australia) , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|