Father of the bride [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer picture ; screenplay by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett ; produced by Pandro S. Berman ; directed by Vincente Minnelli.
- Standard version.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, c2003.
1 videodisc (94 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Streeter, Edward, 1891-1976 -- Film adaptations.
Fathers and daughters -- United States -- Drama.
Weddings -- Drama.
Marriage -- United States -- Drama.
Family in motion pictures.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and French with optional subtitles in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Korean.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby Digital.
- Chaos reigns when the beautiful daughter of a family casually announces her plans to marry. What follows is a warmly humorous story, with wedding preparations, ruffled egos and the unavoidable meeting with the prospective in-laws.
- Spencer Tracy, Joan Bennett, Elizabeth Taylor, Don Taylor, Billie Burke, Leo G. Carroll, Moroni Olsen.
- Director of photography, John Alton ; editor, Ferris Webster ; music, Adolph Deutsch.
- Originally produced as motion picture in 1950.
Based on the novel by Edward Streeter.
Special features include: newsreels (President Truman meets father of the bride, and Wedding bells for movie star Elizabeth Taylor); theatrical trailer; behind-the-scenes notes and scene index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Benjamin Franklin Library Fund.
- Minnelli, Vincente. , Director
Berman, Pandro S., 1905-1996 ,
Goodrich, Frances. , Screenwriter
Hackett, Albert. , Screenwriter
Tracy, Spencer, 1900-1967 , Actor
Bennett, Joan, 1910-1990 , Actor
Taylor, Elizabeth, 1932- , Actor
Deutsch, Adolph, 1897-1980 , Composer
Streeter, Edward, 1891-1976 , Author
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
Benjamin Franklin Library Fund.
- Publisher Number:
65082 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|