Modern times [videorecording] / MK2 editions ; Warner Home Video ; written and directed by Charlie Chaplin.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, c2003.
- Chaplin collection ; v.1:1.
2 videodiscs (217 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Mass production -- Drama.
Factories -- Drama.
Work -- Drama.
Machinery in the workplace -- Drama.
Working class -- Drama.
Automation -- Drama.
Automation -- Economic aspects -- Drama.
Depressions -- 1929 -- Drama.
Tramps -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Romantic comedy films.
- English or French soundtrack, English intertitles, and optional subtitles in English; French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai, and Korean. Menu in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
- System Details:
- A devastating satire on the effects of mass production on the lives of factory workers. Shows Charlie as a factory worker, jailbird, night watchman, and a singing waiter. Primarily a silent film with music and sound effects, but voices emanate from TV sets and radios.
- disc 1. The film (83 min.)
disc 2. Special features (134 min.).
- Charles Chaplin, Paulette Goddard, Henry Bergman, Stanley Sandford, Chester Conklin, Hank Mann, Allan Garcia, Stanley Blystone, Dick Alexander, Cecil Reynolds, Myra McKinney.
- Photography, Rollie Totheroh, Ira Morgan ; music composed by Charlie Chaplin.
- Issued in slipcase bearing title: The Charlie Chaplin collection, vol. 1.
DVD release of the 1936 motion picture.
Special features include: documentary: "Chaplin today - modern times" by Philippe Truffault; introduction by David Robinson; karaoke version of Chaplin's nonsense song; theme song "Smile", performed by Liberace; government sponsored educational film "Behind the scenes in the Machine Age" (1931); Ford's promotional musical film "Symphony in F" (1940); Cuban documentary "Por primera vez" or "For the first time" (1967) on peasants watching Modern times, their first movie; photogallery, poster gallery, theatrical trailers, and deleted scenes.
- Chaplin, Charlie, 1889-1977 , Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Composer, Actor
Goddard, Paulette. , Actor
Bergman, Henry, 1870-1946 , Actor
Sandford, Stanley. , Actor
Conklin, Chester, 1888-1971. , Actor
Mann, Hank, 1887-1971. , Actor
Garcia, Allan, 1887-1938. , Actor
Charlie Chaplin Productions. , Producer
MK2éditions. , Distributor
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
37943 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|