Reinventing dance in the 1960s : everything was possible / edited by Sally Banes with the assistance of Andrea Harris ; with a foreword by Mikhail Baryshnikov.
- Madison : University of Wisconsin Press, c2003.
xvi, 232 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Modern dance -- History.
Dance -- Anthropological aspects.
- Gulliver's hamburger: Defamiliarization and the ordinary in the 1960s Avant-Garde / Sally Banes
Anna Halprin and the 1960s: acting in the gap between the personal, the public, and the political / Janice Ross
James Waring and the Judson Dance Theater: influences, intersections, and divergences / Leslie Satin
The philosophy of art history, dance, and the 1960s / Noël Carroll
Dance quote unquote / Jill Johnston
Dancing in New York: the 1960s / Gus Solomons, Jr.
Monk and King: the sixties kids / Deborah Jowitt
One route from ballet to postmodern / Wendy Perron
Radical discoveries: pioneering postmodern dance in Britain / Stephanie Jordan
Ballet Review's beginnings: an interview with Arlene Croce / Joan Acocella and Sally Banes
PASTForward choreographers' statements / Trisha Brown, Lucinda Childs, Simone Forti, David Gordon, Deborah Hay, Steve Paxton, Yvonne Rainer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Baryshnikov, Mikhail, 1948-
- 0299180107 (hardcover : alk. paper)
029918014X (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|