Les Vampires [videorecording] / by Louis Feuillade.
- Chatsworth, CA : Image Entertainment [distributer] : Water Bearer Films, 2000.
1 videodisc (399 min.) : si., tinted & b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Vampires -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, French.
- Silent film with music score and English titles.
- System Details:
- DVD Dolby digital stereo.
- Describes the achievements of Les Vampires, a secret society of criminals led by Irma Vep. The gang uses kidnapping, poisonous gas, heavy artillery, sexual domination and murder to gain power over the elite of Paris.
- 1. The severed head
2. The ring that kills
3. The red code book
4. The spectre
5. Dead man's escape
6. Hypnotic eyes
8. The thunder master
9. The poisoner
10. The terrible wedding.
- Musidora, Edouard Mathé, Marcel Lévesque, Jean Aymé.
- Writer/director, Louis Feuillade ; produced for video by David Shepard ; orchestral score compiled and directed by Robert Israel.
- Originally produced as French silent black-and-white motion picture by the Gaumont Co., Ltd. in Paris in 1915.
Color tinted in authentic period style.
Inserted essay: The public is my master, Louis Feuillade and Les Vampires by Fabrice Zagury.
Special features include: 3 min. comedy sketch, "For the children" (1916) made by cast and crew to raise money for war orphans and 8-min. comedy, "Bout-de-Zan and the Shirker" (1916) featuring the star of episode 8.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Feuillade, Louis, 1873-1925. , Director
Shepard, David. , Producer
Israel, Robert. , Composer
Gaumont (Firm). , Producer
Water Bearer Films (Firm) , Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Zagury, Fabrice. Public is my master, Louis Feuillade and Les Vampires.
- Publisher Number:
- ID5960WBDVD Image Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|