Jurgen : a comedy of justice / by James Branch Cabell.
- Other records:
- [First Edition.]
- New York, Robert M. McBride & Co., 1919.
, 368 p. ; 20 cm.
- Middle Ages -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Half-title page has list of "Books by Mr. Cabell," the whole enclosed in single-ruled border on verso.
"Copyright, 191, by Robert M. McBride & Co. Published August, 1919."
Brown cloth with gilt lettering. Front cover has "Jurgen" with the authors name within the lower portion of the "g". Top edge trimmed; other edges untrimmed.
"The copyright page, erroneously, states the book to have been published in August 1919. [Actually published 27 September 1919.] A second printing was issued November 1919, in all respects identical with the first, except that the first printing measures 1 3/8 inches across the top, in all, and the second is about 1/4 of an inch thicker."--Cf. Holt.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy 1 has red bookplate of Barton Currie.
Culture Class Collection copy 2 inscribed "For my dear Mother" from "Burton".
Culture Class Collection copy 2 has underlines and marginal marks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Currie, Barton, 1877-1962 (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy 1)
Rascoe, Burton, 1892-1957 (donor) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Holt, G. Bibl. of the writings of James Branch Cabell, 15
Brussell, I.R. Cabell, 15
Hall, J.N. Cabell, 7
- Robert M. McBride & Company. , Publisher
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|