Our daily bread [videorecording] : and other films of the Great Depression / Viking Productions inspired by Headlines of today ; scenario, Elizabeth Hill ; story and direction, King Vidor.
- Hat Creek, CA : Film Preservation Associates : Image Entertainment, [distributor], c1999.
- Blackhawk Films collection
1 videodisc (194 min.) : mono. sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States -- Drama.
United States -- Economic conditions -- 1933-1945 -- Drama.
United States -- Social conditions -- 1933-1945 -- Drama.
- Short films.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby Digital.
- Our daily bread (King Vidor 1934) is a depression-era drama in which a young couple leads a group of unemployed people in making a communal farm succeed. Includes a prologue to the movie by King Vidor. -- The fake newsreels "California Election News #1 and #2 (1934), were secretly produced by MGM as "dirty tricks" in the film industry's political war against Upton Sinclair. -- The River (Pare Lorentz 1937) dramatizes the stripping of the Mississipi River basin and the effort to restore this region. -- The Plow that broke the plains (Pare Lorentz 1936) focuses on the ecological and human tragedy of the Dust Bowl. -- Power and the Land (Rural Electrification Administration), elevates the photogenic Parkinson family to iconic figures of Americana. -- The New Frontier is a government documentary.
- Prologue to Our daily bread
Our daily bread
New Deal documentaries
The plow that broke the plains
Power and the land
The new frontier.
- Karen Morley, Tom Keene, Barbara Pepper, John Qualen, Addison Richards.
- Photography, Robert Planck; recording, Vinton Vernon; dialogue, Joseph Mankiewicz ; editing, Lloyd Nosler ; music, Alfred Newman.
- Originally released as a motion picture made in 1934, and other short films produced in the 1930s.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the J. Fithian Tatem Memorial Fund.
- Vidor, King, 1894-1982 , Director, Author
Hill, Elizabeth. , Screenwriter
Morley, Karen. , Actor
Keene, Tom, 1896-1963 , Actor
Pepper, Barbara, 1915-1969. , Actor
Newman, Alfred, 1901-1970 , Composer
Viking Productions. , Producer
Film Preservation Associates. , Distributor
Image Entertainment (Firm). , Distributor
J. Fithian Tatem Memorial Fund.
- Prologue to Our daily bread.
New Deal documentaries.
Plow that broke the plains.
Power and the land.
- Publisher Number:
ID4671DSDVD Image Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|