The last of the Mohicans : a narrative of 1757 / by the author of "The pioneers" ; in two volumes.
- Other records:
- Philadelphia : H.C. Carey & I. Lea, 1826.
2 v. ; 21 cm.
- United States -- History -- French and Indian War, 1755-1763 -- Fiction.
Bumppo, Natty (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
Frontier and pioneer life -- Fiction.
Mohegan Indians -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- BAL notes that the copyright in v. 2 appears in two states. In state A the fifth line of the copyright reads "a Book." In state B the fifth line reads "a book."
"Clayton & Van Norden, printers, 64 Pine-Street, New-York."--T.p. versos.
Vol. 1: xi, , 282,  p.; v. 2: , 289,  p.
Error in paging: v. 1, p. 89 misnumbered 93.
"Clayton & Van Norden, printers, 64 Pine-Street, New-York."--versos of title pages.
- Local notes:
- RBC and Dechert Coll. copies V.2: State A.
Dechert Coll. copy has uncut edges. Housed in a slipcase.
Athenaeum copy: Gift of Dr. F.F. Hart, May 1959.
Athenaeum copy: V. 2 is Curween/McKeen gift.
Athenaeum copy: c.2 bears signature "I.C. Woodruff" at top of title page in both volumes and "Is. Carle Woodruff, Lt. C. Engineers" on flyleaf of v. 1.
- Penn Provenance:
- Wilson, Helen Godey (bookplate) (Dechert Coll. copy)
Leverich, H. S. (stamp) (autograph) (Dechert Coll. copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- BAL, 3833
Wright, L.H. Amer. fiction, 1774-1850 (2nd ed.), 619
Halkett & Laing (2nd ed.) II, 238
Wright, L.H. Amer. fiction, 1774-1850, 619
- Collection of British and American Fiction, 1660-1830 (University of Pennsylvania)
Dechert Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Woodruff, I. C. , Signer, Former owner
H.C. Carey & I. Lea (Firm) , Publisher
Clayton & Van Norden. , Printer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|