The merry tales of the three wise men of Gotham / Edited by the author of John Bull in America.
- Other records:
- New-York : G. & C. Carvill, 1826. (Jamaica : Sleight & Tucker, Printers.)
324 p. ; 19 cm.
- Owen, Robert, 1771-1858. New view of society.
Law -- Humor.
Phrenology -- Anecdotes, facetiae, satire, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Introductory dissertation
The man machine; or, The pupil of "circumstances"
Story of the second wise man of Gotham: the perfection of reason
Story of the third wise man of Gotham: the perfection of science.
- By James Kirke Paulding.
Printed paper label on spine.
Satirizing in turn the theories of Robert Owen expressed in his "A new view of society," the legal profession, and the science of phrenology.
Copyright Feb. 28, 1826, by G. and C. Carvill.
With a title vignette.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has autograph of P. Stewart, South Berwick, Maine (?)
Culture Class Collection copy has underline and written annotations.
Culture Class Collection copy has horizontal tear on p. 231-232.
Culture Class Collection copy has lower portion of p. -236 wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Stewart, P. (autograph)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Shoemaker, 25679
Wright, L.H. Amer. fiction, 1774-1850 (2nd ed.), 2015
- Collection of British and American Fiction, 1660-1830 (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|