The battle-ground / by Ellen Glasgow ; illustrated by W. F. Baer and W. Granville Smith.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- The battle ground.
- New York : Doubleday, Page & Co., 1902.
, viii, , 512 p.,  leaves of plates : ports. (1 col.) ; 20 cm.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction.
Southern States -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Book First. Golden Years
Book Second. Young Blood
Book Third. The School of War
Book Fourth. The Return of the Vanquished.
- Verso of t.p: Published March 1902.
Colored frontispiece and plates facing p. 93, 283 and 381.
Red cloth binding lettered and ruled in gilt.
"By the same author": p. [ii].
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has autograph of A. J. Hale, May 1902.
Culture Class Collection copy has  slip with catalog information written in ms. laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hale, A. J. (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Kelly, W.W. Glasgow p. 14
- Baer, W. F., ill.
Smith, Walter Granville, 1870- ill.
Doubleday, Page & Company. , Publisher
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Baer, William J. (William Jacob), 1860-1941, ill.
Smith, W. Granville (Walter Granville), 1870-1938, ill.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|