The Hebrew review and magazine of rabbinical literature.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- London : Published for the proprietors by Simpkin and Marshall, 1834-1836.
3 volumes ; 22 cm
Vol. 1, no. 1(Oct. 3, 1834)-v. 3, no. 78(July 22, 1836).
- Rabbinical literature -- Periodicals.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- At head of title (on vol t.p.'s only): Gal'ed (romanized form).
Editor: M.J. Raphall.
Each volume covers 6 months. Issues continuously numbered 1-78, except [no. 27-28](Apr. 3-10, 1835) which are called v. 2, no. 1-2.
Publication suspended: Oct. 9, 1835-Jan. 8, 1836.
No more published.
- Local notes:
- CJS Rare copy has bookplate on front pastedown: "Hebrew Theological College, Rabbi Saul Silber Library. From the private library of Rabbi Philip S. Gershon."
CJS Rare copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2018 from Kestenbaum & Company.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- For each vol., after vol. t.p.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hebrew Theological College, Rabbi Saul Silber Library (former owner) (CJS Rare copy)
Gershon, Philip S. (former owner) (CJS Rare copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Raphall, Morris J. (Morris Jacob), 1798-1868, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Hebrew review and magazine of rabbinical literature
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|