A book of burlesques, by H. L. Mencken.
- Other records:
- [2nd ed., 4th print.]
- New York, Published at the Borzoi by Alfred A. Knopf [1921, c1920]
239,  p. music 20 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Death: a philosophical discussion
From the programme of a concert
The wedding: a stage direction
The artist: a drama without words
Seeing the world
From the memoirs of the devil
Litanies for the overlooked
Asepsis: a deduction in a scherzo form
Tales of the moral and pathological
The jazz Webster
The old subject
Panoramas of people
- With half-title.
"First published, 1916 Second Printing (revised), January, 1920. Third Printing (again revised), August, 1920. Fourth Printing (again revised), December, 1921."
Dark blue cloth binding with Mencken arms stamped in blind on front cover, lettered in gilt on spine and Borzoi emblem stamped in lower right hand corner of back cover.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has autograph of H. L. Mencken.
- Penn Provenance:
- Mencken, H. L. (Henry Louis), 1880-1956 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|