Nicholas Nickleby [videorecording] / United Artists presents a Hart Sharp Entertainment production in association with Cloud Nine Films ; producers, Simon Channing Williams, John N. Hart, Jeffrey Sharp ; written & directed by Douglas McGrath.
- Special edition.
- [Santa Monica, CA] : MGM Home Entertainment, , c2002.
1 videodisc (132 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Film adaptations.
Orphans -- Drama.
England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English, French or Spanish dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, 5.1 Dolby digital, Dolby digital 2.0 surround, DTS, Region 1 encoding.
- Nicholas becomes the head of the family when his father dies unexpectedly. Keeping watch over his mother and his sister Kate becomes an even greater challenge when Nicholas discovers that his father lost the family fortune due to ill-advised investments. Without a shilling to his name, Nicholas turns to his wealthy but unforgiving Uncle Ralph for help.
- Jamie Bell (Smike), Tom Courtenay (Newman Noggs), Romola Garai (Kate), Charlie Hunnam (Nicholas), Christopher Plummer (Ralph Nickleby).
- Director of photography, Dick Pope ; editor, Lesley Walker ; music composer, Rachel Portman ; costume designer, Ruth Meyers ; production designer, Eve Stewart.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2002.
Two-sided DVD; Widescreen version (2.35:1)
Based on the novel by Charles Dickens.
Special features: commentary by director Douglas McGrath; "Creating a classic: the making of Nicholas Nickleby"; "The cast on the cast"; "View on the set" multi-angle feature; photo gallery.
- McGrath, Douglas. , Director, Screenwriter
Channing-Williams, Simon. , Producer
Hart, John N. , Producer
Sharp, Jeffrey. , Producer
Bell, Jamie, 1986- , Actor
Courtenay, Tom. , Actor
Garai, Romola, 1982- , Actor
Hunnam, Charlie, 1980- , Actor
Plummer, Christopher. , Actor
Portman, Rachel. , Composer
Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870.
United Artists Corporation. , Producer
Hart-Sharp Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Cloud Nine Films (Firm) , Producer
MGM Home Entertainment Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
1004521 MGM Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|