The red notebook / Henry Miller.
- [1st ed.]
- [Highlands, North Carolina : Jonathan Williams-Publisher, 1958.]
- Jargon (Jargon Society) ; 22.
Jargon ; 22
 pages : illustrations, facsimile, portrait ; 21 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- United States North Carolina Highlands.
- Facsimile edition of one of the two notebooks which Miller kept during his "Air-conditioned nightmare" tour across America in the early 1940's.
Place of publication and publisher from inside back cover flap.
"Published in 1958 ... in an edition of 2,000 copies"--Cf. Shifreen & Jackson.
Illustrated red and white cardboard. Lettered in red and black with "Untitled 11/57" sketch by Henry Miller on front.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy inscribed "To Jack and Ruth - In gratitude & friendship. Clayton Eshleman. June 1989".
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
Hirschman, Jack (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Hirschman, Ruth (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Eshleman, Clayton (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Shifreen & Jackson. Henry Miller, a bibliography of primary sources, A110
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Miller, Henry, 1891-1980. Red notebook.
- Publisher Number:
- PML 177256
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|