A nous la liberté [videorecording] / Janus films ; Films Ariane ; produced by Harold Auten ; written and directed by René Clair.
- Full screen ; RSDL dual-layer ed.
- [Irvington, NY] : Criterion Collection, c2002.
- Classic collection (Chicago, Ill.)
Criterion collection; 160.
Criterion collection ; 160
1 videodisc (83 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in. + pamphlet ( p. ; 19 cm.)
- Chaplin, Charlie, 1889-1977 -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Factories -- Drama.
Motion pictures, French.
- Feature films.
- In French with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby Digital
- A satire on factory life centering on the activities of a couple of ex-prisoners, one of whom, an ambitious crook, becomes the boss of a large factory while the other, a sentimental old tramp, becomes a worker there. Eventually both discover that happiness and peace of mind cannot be bought with money and revert to their former life as vagabonds. This film inspired Charlie Chaplin's Modern times.
- Henri Marchand, Raymond Cordy, Rolla France, Paul Ollivier.
- Photographer, Georges Périnal ; editor, René le Hénaff ; music, Georges Auric.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1931.
Special features: deleted scenes; includes Clair's famous surrealist short film Entr'acte; 1998 interview with Bronja Clair; film historian David Robinson on the plagiarism lawsuit against Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times.
- Auten, Harold. , Producer
Clair, René, 1898-1981. , Director, , Author
Auric, Georges, 1899-1983 ,
Marchand, Henri, 1898-1959. , Actor
Cordy, Raymond, 1898-1956. , Actor
France, Rolla. , Actor
Ollivier, Paul, 1877-1948. , Actor
Robinson, David. , Commentator
Films Ariane. , Producer
Janus Films. , Distributor
Criterion Collection (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
NOU010 Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|