American buffalo [videorecording] / Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; a Samuel Goldwyn Company presents ; in association with Capitol Films ; produced in association with Punch Productions ; screenplay by David Mamet ; produced by Gregory Mosher ; directed by Michael Corrente.
- Santa Monica, CA : MGM DVD, c2001.
- Avant-garde cinema
1 videodisc (93 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Mamet, David -- Film adaptations.
Swindlers and swindling -- United States -- Drama.
Thieves -- United States -- Drama.
Coins -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English soundtrack; subtitles in French and Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital stereo surround.
- "For down-and-out junk dealer Don, life goes form unlucky to unvbearable when he discovers that the rare buffalo head nickel he just sold for $90 is worth ten times as much! Refusing to let himself be out-swindled, Don enlists the help of a young protégé in a scheme to steal the coin back. But their plans are suddenly altered by the intrusion of Teach, a disturbingly aggressive would-be thief who badgers Don into cutting him in on the heist-- a decision that carries explosive consequences for everyone involved."--Container.
- Dustin Hoffman, Dennis Franz, Sean Nelson.
- Director of photography, Richard Crudo; edited by Kate Sanford; music by Thomas Newman.
- Based on the play American buffalo / by David Mamet.
Original theatrical widescreen presentation.
Special feature: original theatrical trailer.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1995.
- Corrente, Michael. , Director
Mosher, Gregory. , Producer
Mamet, David. , Screenwriter, Author
Hoffman, Dustin, 1937- , Actor
Franz, Dennis. , Actor
Nelson, Sean. , Actor
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Distributor
Samuel Goldwyn Co.. , Producer
Capitol Films. , Producer
Punch Productions. , Producer
Channel Four Films. , Producer
MGM Home Entertainment Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
1001445 MGM DVD
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|