The Classical Association : the first century 1903-2003 / edited by Christopher Stray.
- Other Title:
- Greece & Rome - Supplement.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2003.
xiv, 300 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Classical Association -- History.
Classicists -- Great Britain -- History.
- pt. 1. Narrative. The foundation and its contexts ; Getting under way : challenge and response, 1904-22 ; A lull between two storms : from the 1920s to the 1950s / by Christopher Stray
The abolition of compulsory Latin and its consequences / by Martin Forrest
The recent history of the CA / by Malcolm Schofield
pt. 2. Perspectives. The CA's publications / by Christopher Stray
Greece & Rome [title of journal published by CA] / by Ian McAuslan
Robert Sewter : a personal reminiscence / by John Muir
Silence and women in Greece & Rome / by Gillian Clark
CA News : a personal view from the editor / by Jenny March
The ups and downs of branches / by Barbara Finney
The conferences ; The presidents / by Philip Hooker
pt. 3. Presidential addresses. The presidential addresses / by Malcolm Schofield
Things that matter / by Carol Handley
Still yearns my heart / by Robert Runcie
The mirror of the present / by Dilys Powell
pt. 4. Appendices. Appendix 1. The Classical Association of Scotland : the first hundred years / by Ronald Knox
Appendix 2. Annual general meetings, presidents and addresses ; Appendix 3. Officers of the CA / by Philip Hooker
Appendix 4. The CA archive / by Christopher Stray.
- At head of title: Supplement to Greece & Rome.
- Stray, Christopher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|