Ecological design [videorecording] : inventing the future / director, Brian Danitz ; produced by Brian Danitz and Tzelovanikov ; writer, Phil Cousineau.
- Other Title:
- Inventing the future [videorecording]
- [Brooklyn, NY] : Ecological Design Project, c1994.
1 videocassette (64 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Architecture -- Environmental aspects.
Design -- Environmental aspects.
Design -- History -- 20th century.
Architecture and energy conservation.
Architecture and solar radiation.
City planning -- History.
Aquaculture -- Technological innovations.
Solar energy -- Technological innovations.
City planning -- Environmental aspects.
- Local subjects:
- Art and architecture videos.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- Beginning in the 1920's with the work of R. Buckminster Fuller, moving through the 1960's and the Counter Culture and ending on the doorstep of the 21st century, the film follows the evolution of ecological design from the visions of a few independent thinkers to the powerful movement it is now becoming. Each designer explores their design process including such artifacts as solar architecture, arcologies, bioshelters, living machines, pillow domes, engineered biospheres, solar aquatics, city farming, domed cities, gossamer vehicles, solar transport, electric vehicles, soft energy systems, solar communities and ecological cities.
- R. Buckminster Fuller, Paul MacCready, Paolo Soleri, Peter Calthorpe, Pliny Fisk, James Wines, William McDonough, Ian McHarg, Andropogon, Edmund Bacon, Jay Baldwin, Mary Catherine Bateson, Hazel Henderson, Jaime Lerner, Michael Corbett, Hunter and Amory Lovins, John Todd, Stewart Brand.
Narrator: Linda Hunt.
- Director of photography, Brian Danitz ; editor, Patricia Streeten ; music, David Darling.
- Conceived by Brian Danitz and Tzelovanikov.
- Danitz, Brian. , Director, Producer
Cousineau, Phil. , Screenwriter
Tzelovanikov. , Producer
Hunt, Linda, 1945-
Fuller, R. Buckminster (Richard Buckminster), 1895-1983.
MacCready, Paul B.
Soleri, Paolo, 1919-
Fisk, Pliny. III.
Wines, James, 1932-
McHarg, Ian L., 1920-2001.
Bacon, Edmund N.
Bateson, Mary Catherine.
Henderson, Hazel, 1933-
Corbett, Michael N.
Lovins, Amory B., 1947-
Todd, John, 1939-
Lovins, L. Hunter, 1950-
Ecological Design Project. , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|