Birth of a democracy [videorecording] / South Productions for Channel Four in association with RTVE (Spain) and SBS (Australia) ; director, Bassek Ba Kobhio ; consultant, Anthony Shang ; series producers, Jenny Hay, Ana de Skalon.
- Other Title:
- Title on cassette container and label : South, birth of democracy
Birth of democracy
- New York, NY : First Run Icarus Films : West Glen Communications, c1991.
- South [videorecording]
1 videocassette (25 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Cameroon -- Politics and government -- 1982-
Cameroon -- Ethnic relations.
- Television programs.
Documentary television programs.
- In French, English and various African languages; English subtitles.
- System Details:
- On May 26, 1990, Cameroon declared itself a multi-party democracy after 30 years of totalitarian rule. In a country with 200 tribes and as many languages, a colonial heritage of both British and French domination, and a clash between Christian and Muslim ideologies, the transition to a democracy has not been easy. This film surveys the country's current political climate and gathers the thoughts of Cameroonians from all social strata and economic backgrounds to reveal a collage of the birth of a uniquely African democracy.
- Photography, Takoukam Bonaventure; on-line editor, Charlie Phillips; music, Claude Ndam.
- Videocassette release of one episode of a documentary television series produced in 1991.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Bassek Ba Kobhio, 1957- , Director
South Productions. , Producer
Channel Four (Great Britain) , Producer
Radiotelevisión Española. , Producer
Special Broadcasting Service (Australia) , Producer
First Run/Icarus Films. , Distributor
West Glen Communications. , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|