Scumbling & colour glazing : a practical handbook for house painters, coach painters and others : illustrated by 48 examples executed in paint / by Andrew Millar.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Scumbling and colour glazing
- London : The Trade Papers Publishing Co., Ltd. ; New York : "The Painters' magazine", 1909.
- Decorator" series of practical books ; no. 6.
"The decorator" series of practical books. Edited by Arthur Seymour Jennings ; no. 6
iii, 86, , iv-xv pages, 12 unnumbered pages of plates : mounted color samples ; 19 cm.
- Painting, Industrial.
Painting -- Technique.
Paint -- Catalogs.
Colors -- Charts, diagrams, etc.
House painting -- Equipment and supplies -- Catalogs.
Carriage and wagon painting.
Color in architecture.
- Color in architecture.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
United States New York (State) New York.
- With 48 examples of paint on 12 pages, 4 per page.
Commercial and trade advertisements on prelimary paging and pages iv-xv. Pages i and xv are on front and rear pastedown, respectively.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Adam H. Fetterolf Fund.
Fine Arts Rare copy has dated 20th-century autograph ("William Elmes. June 1913") on p. .
Fine Arts Rare copy has pamphlet (with mounted color samples) advertising Alabastine tipped in after p. xii.
Athenaeum copy: Tipped in: Alabastine flyer, with 40 mounted col. samples.
Athenaeum copy: Ex libris: NY Mercantile Library.
- Penn Provenance:
- Elmes, William (autograph) (Fine Arts Rare copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Jennings, Arthur Seymour, 1860-1928, editor.
Adam H. Fetterolf Fund.
Mercantile Library Association of the City of New-York. , Former owner
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|