State of virginity : gender, religion, and politics in an early modern Catholic state / Ulrike Strasser.
- Other records:
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2004.
- Social history, popular culture, and politics in Germany
xii, 248 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Christianity and politics -- Catholic Church -- History.
Marriage -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church -- History of doctrines.
Women in the Catholic Church -- Germany -- Munich -- History.
Christianity and politics -- Germany -- Munich -- History.
Marriage -- Germany -- Munich -- History.
Catholic women -- Germany -- Munich -- Social conditions.
Munich (Germany) -- Church history.
Munich (Germany) -- Politics and government.
- Which public matters most? : rites of marriage formation
Nuns and whores : houses of women in the male public sphere
Pregnant bodies, personal purity, and public goods
Behind closed doors : the public dimensions of private acts
Public services and private lives : schooling women for society.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 219-235) and index.
- 0472113518 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|