Antoshu korset pogubil [videorecording] = Antosha ruined by a corset / produced by [Lucifer Film Studio and] A. Khanzhonkov Co. ; written and directed by Eduard Puchalskii. Zhiznʹ za zhiznʹ = A life for a life : (a drop of blood for every fear) / produced by A. Khanzhankov Co. ; script and direction by Evgenii Bauer.
- Other Title:
- Antosha ruined by a corset
Title on container: High society (1916-1919)
Life for a life
Za kazhdui︠u︡ slezu po kaple krovi.
Drop of blood for every tear
Tear for every drop of blood
- Harrington Park, NJ : Milestone Film & Video, c1992.
- Early Russian cinema ; v. 9
1 videocassette (86 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Kholodnai︠a︡, Vera, 1893-1919.
Ohnet, Georges, 1848-1918 -- Film adaptations.
Motion pictures, Russian.
- Feature films.
- Credits and intertitles in Russian, with English subtitles (first film lacks opening credits).
- System Details:
- A panorama of Russian cinema's social impact at the height of its ambition. Antosha ruined by a corset is a racy, knowing urban comedy by Russia's leading screen comedian, Anton Fertner. A Life for a life marked the pinnacle of Bauer's ambition to equal lavish foreign production standards. The Funeral of Vera Kholodnaia recorded the vast public response to the early death of Russia's greatest motion picture star in 1919.
- Antosha ruined by a corset
A life for a life
Newsreel footage of the funeral of Vera Kholodnaia in Odessa, 1919.
- Anton Fertner (Antosha ruined by a corset); Olga Rakhmanova, Lidiia Koreneva, Vera Kholodnaia, Vitold Polonskii (Life for a life)
- Produced by Erich Sargeant; original music by Neil Brand (Series); camerman, Boris Zavlev [i.e. Zavelev]; art direction A. Utkin (Life for a life).
- A life for a life based on the novel Serge Panin / by Georges Ohnet.
One of a ten volume video anthology from the collection of Gosfilmofond. Video transfers supplied by the British Film Institute. Restoration programme led by Yuri Tsivian in partnership with the Central Film Museum, Moscow.
A Life for a life also released under title Za kazhdui︠u︡ slezu po kaple krovi = A tear for every drop of blood, and Sestry sopernit︠s︡y = The rival sisters.
Videocassette release of two silent motion pictures, with music accompaniment added, originally produced in 1916, with newsreel footage of the funeral of one of the cast.
- Puchalskii, Eduard. , Director, Screenwriter
Bauėr, Evgeniĭ Frant︠s︡evich, 1865-1917 , Director, Screenwriter
Fertner, Anton. , Actor
Rakhmanova, Olga. , Actor
Koreneva, Lidiia. , Actor
Kholodnai︠a︡, Vera, 1893-1919. , Actor
Sargeant, Erich. , Producer
Ohnet, Georges, 1848-1918. , Author
Lucifer Film Studio. , Producer
Khanzhonkov Production Company. , Producer
British Film Institute.
Central Film Museum (Moscow)
Milestone Film & Video. , Distributor
- Zhiznʹ za zhiznʹ [videorecording]
Funeral of Vera Kholodnaia [videorecording]
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|