Revoli︠u︡t︠s︡ioner [videorecording] = The revolutionary / produced by A. Khanzhonkov and Co. ; directed by Evgenii Bauer ; draft script by Ivan Perestiani. Za schastʹem = To happiness / produced by A. Khanzhonkov and Co. ; directed by Evgenii Bauer ; script, N. Dennitsyna. Kulisy ėkrana = Behind the screen / [produced by Ermolʹev ; written and directed by Georgii Azagarov & Aleksandr Volkov].
- Other Title:
Title on container: End of an era (1917)
Behind the screen
Razbita zhiznʹ bezzhalostnoi sudʹboi.
Life destroyed by pitiless fate
- Harrington Park, NJ : Milestone Film & Video, c1992.
- Early Russian cinema ; v. 10
1 videocassette (91 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Motion pictures, Russian.
- Feature films.
- Credits and intertitles in Russian, with English subtitles (Third film lacks credits and intertitles).
- System Details:
- Between the February and October revolutions in 1917, Russian cinema reflected urgent new themes, as in The Revolutionary. But Bauer also continued his vein of tragic melodrama in what was to be his last film, For Luck, designed by and featuring as an actor the young Kuleshov. A poignant fragment, Behind the Screen, shows the stars Mozzhukhin and Lisenko on the eve of their departure into exile.
- Ivan Perestiani, Vladimir Strizhevskii, Zoia Barantsevich (The revolutionary); Nikolai Radin, Lidiia Koreneva, Taisiia Borman, Lev Kuleshov (For luck); Ivan Mozzhukhin, Nataliia Lisenko, Nikolai Panov (Behind the screen).
- Produced by Erich Sargeant; original music by Neil Brand (Series); camerman, Boris Zavelev (The revolutionary); camerman, Boris Zavelev; art direction, Lev Kuleshov (For luck); photography, Nikolai Toporkov (Behind the screen).
- One of a ten volume video anthology from the collection of Gosfilmofond. Video transfers supplied by the British Film Institute. Restoration programme led by Yuri Tsivian in partnership with the Central Film Museum, Moscow.
"Behind the screen is no more than a fragment of the major two-part film." -- container.
To happiness also released under title K schostʹiu = For Luck; Behind the screen also released under title: Razbita zhiznʹ bezzhalostnoi sudʹboi = A Life destroyed by pitiless fate.
Videocassette release of two silent motion pictures and ... "no more than a fragment" ... of a third, with music accompaniment added, produced in 1917.
- Bauėr, Evgeniĭ Frant︠s︡evich, 1865-1917 , Director
Dennitsyna, N. , Screenwriter
Azagarov, Georgii. , Director, Screenwriter
Volkov, Aleksandr. , Director, Screenwriter
Perestiani, Ivan. , Actor, Screenwriter
Strizhevskii, Vladimir. , Actor
Radin, Nikolai Mariusovich, 1872-1935. , Actor
Koreneva, Lidiia. , Actor
Mozzhukhin, Ivan Ilʹich, 1889-1939. , Actor
Lisenko, Nataliia. , Actor
Panov, Nikolai. , Actor
Sargeant, Erich. , Producer
Ermolʹev (Firm) , Producer
Khanzhonkov Production Company. , Producer
Milestone Film & Video. , Distributor
British Film Institute.
Central Film Museum (Moscow)
- Za schastʹem [videorecording]
Kulisy ėkrana [videorecording]
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|