The descent of man and other stories by Edith Wharton.
- Other records:
- New York, Charles Scribner's Sons, 1904. (New York : The Trow Press)
, 312 p. 20 cm.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- The descent of man.
The mission of Jane.
The other two.
The lady's maid's bell.
A Venetian night's entertainment.
- Third collection of the author's short stories.
This collection appeared in two distinct editions in 1904. The Scribner (American) edition had nine stories; the Macmillan (London) edition had ten stories (including "The Letter") and were arranged in a different order.
Title printed in black within red design and single-ruled border.
Red textured cloth boards stamped in gilt on front cover and spine. Top edge gilt stained; other edges untrimmed.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookplate and autograph of Russell Gray May 1904.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gray, Russell (autograph) (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|