The great American novel / by William Carlos Williams.
- [1st limited ed.]
- Paris : Three Mountains Press, 1923.
- Inquest ; 4.
The inquest ; 4
79,  p. ; 27 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- France Paris.
- "Three hundred copies of this book were printed on Rives hand-made paper and the type distributed."--p. .
Some copies have rectangular slip "Contact Editions, 29, Quai d'Anjou, Paris" covering name of press on title-page.--Cf. Wallace.
Decorated initials at the beginning of each chapter.
"Finished printing in May, 1923, by Herbert Clarke and William Bird, at Paris and in St. Louis' Island."--Colophon.
Green cloth spine with gray paper boards. Gray paper label printed in black on spine.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy 1 is no. 49.
Culture Class Collection copy 1 inscribed "Florence with love from Bill".
Culture Class Collection copy 1 has portion of spine label wanting.
Culture Class Collection copy 2 has greater portion of spine label retained.
Culture Class Collection copy 2 has rectangular slip "Contact Editions" pasted over name of press on title page.
Culture Class Collection copy 2 is no. 24.
- Penn Provenance:
- Williams, Florence H. (Florence Herman) -1976 (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wallace, E. M. : Bibliography of William Carlos Williams, A6
- Clarke, Herbert, printer.
Bird, William, 1888-1963.
Three Mountains Press.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|