Angèle [videorecording] / film de Marcel Pagnol.
- New York, N.Y. : Interama Video Classics, c1988.
1 videocassette (132 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Giono, Jean, 1895-1970 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Motion pictures, French.
- Feature films.
- In French with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- "Set in the French countryside, Angèle is the tender and moving story of a beautiful but simple farmer's daughter who, despite her angelic name, is seduced by a slick pimp from Marseilles and follows him to the city. Later, Saturnin, the family's loyal farm hand visits Angèle and finds her installed in a brothel with an illegitimate child in her arms. Brought back to the farm, Angèle's unforgiving father locks her up in a barn until she is rescued by Albin, a noble young peasant who could not forget Angèle's beauty and innocence."--Container.
- Orane Demazis, Fernandel, Jean Servais, Henri Poupon, et al.
- Music, Vincent Scotto ; editors, André Robert, Suzanne de Troeye.
- Based on the novel by Jean Giono.
Originally produced as motion picture in 1934.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Pagnol, Marcel, 1895-1974. , Director
Demazis, Orane, 1904-1991. , Actor
Servais, Jean, 1910-1976. , Actor
Fernandel, 1903-1971. , Actor
Scotto, Vincent, 1876-1952. , Composer
Giono, Jean, 1895-1970. , Author
Interama Video Classics (Firm) , Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|