Swahili manuscripts from the School of Oriental and African Studies [microform].
- Other Title:
- Title on microfilm boxes: Swahili manuscripts from SOAS
- Marlborough, Wiltshire, England : Adam Matthew Publications, 2004-
45 microfilm reels : pos. ; 35 mm.
- Manuscripts, Swahili -- England -- London -- Facsimiles.
Swahili literature -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.
Africa -- History -- Sources.
University of London. School of Oriental and African Studies
- Documents in Swahili; headers, introductory matter and contents listings in English.
- Reproduced Swahili manuscripts from seven collections at the School of Oriental and African Studies in Britain. The manuscripts, dating from the 1790s to the 1970s and providing a record of a much older oral tradition, will be of interest to students of African culture and history, the Swahili language, the literature and thought of the people of East Africa, and relations between Arabic and African scholars.
- pt. 1. The Taylor, Hichens and Werner collections (reels 1-21)
pt. 2. The Knappert, Whiteley, Allen, Miscellaneous and Yahya Ali Omar Collections (reels 22-45).
- Contents list at beginning of each reel.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- University of London. School of Oriental and African Studies.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|